Therapeutic Riding Registration
Spring or Fall Ten Week Session.
Box 2037, Port Elgin, ON N0H 2C0
Please read the rider criteria below carefully, as therapeutic riding is not appropriate for all individuals.These criteria are used as guidelines and each client will be assessed on an individual basis. If the rider is new to PRANCE or if medical status has changed there is a medical form to be completed which can be forwarded from the PRANCE office.
- Must be able to maintain a sitting position while the horse is in motion (unless another accepted position has been found by a CanTRA certified instructor)
- Minimum age of 5 years
- Seizures must be controlled by medication or be seizure free for 6 months
- Not over weight of 180 lbs.
- Has a negative finding of Atlantoaxial Instablilty (for persons with Downs Syndrome)
- Does not have any surgically implanted spinal assistive devices
- Riders accepted into the program are done so on a trial basis
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-832-2522 for more information